WISE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — State troopers are investigating a fatal single-vehicle crash that took the life of a Coeburn resident on Friday afternoon along a Wise County highway.
According to Virginia State Police, 80-year-old Hazel Mullins was driving west on Route 58A in a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt when the car ran off the left side of the road. Authorities say Mullins over-corrected, causing the Chevrolet to cross back over the travel lanes before it drove off the right side of the road and over the guardrail at mile marker 52 of Route 58A.
The Chevrolet reportedly flipped several times before hitting a tree around 12:55 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 21.
Virginia State Police say Mullins died at the scene of the crash, which is still under investigation.
- WVU announces “more than a dozen” students have tested positive for COVID-19
- President Trump jokes he’ll “take a look” at giving pardon to Joe Exotic
- USFS: Spy Rock Trailhead temporarily closed due to health crisis
- Congress breaks tradition during pandemic; House members can submit bills electronically
- Disney+ hits 50 million subscribers after five months