BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Changes could be coming to Virginia’s first inland wind farm planned for Botetourt County.
Apex, the company behind the wind farm has filed paperwork with county officials asking for changes to the permit for the wind farm.
Currently, some of the changes the company is asking for includes removing the five hundred and fifty-foot height cap for the turbines.
Apex is proposing installing turbines that could be as high as 680 feet.
The company is also proposing reducing the number of wind turbines from 25 down to 22.
The electrical output from the turbines could end up being more than initially estimated.
Right now, there is no timeframe on when those proposed changes would be voted on.
- Narrow escape, lifesaving phone call: Oregon woman recalls fire
- WATCH LIVE: D-Day Memorial in Bedford hosts POW/MIA Recognition Day virtual ceremony
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Drive thru COVID-19 testing available Tuesday in Buena Vista