ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Cold and flu season is here and medical providers encourage the public to get a flu shot as a preventative measure.
Carilion’s Community Health and Outreach are offering free flu shots and flu fighter kits for patients at least 18 years old.
The kits include hand sanitizers and tips for keeping healthy during the flu season.
Here are the following dates and locations where free flu shot will be administered:
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 4:30 – 6 p.m., Presbyterian Community Center at 1228 Jamison Ave. SE, Roanoke;
- Thursday, Oct. 17:
- 12 – 2 p.m., Project Horizon at 120 Varner Ln., Lexington;
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Harvest Celebration at the Urban Farm at 917 Morgan Ave. SE, Rocky Mount;
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., RAM House at 824 Campbell Ave. SW, Roanoke;
- Thursday, Oct. 24, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Roanoke County Library (Vinton) at 300 S. Pollard Street, Roanoke;
- Wednesday, Oct. 30:
- 2 – 4 p.m., Bassett branch library (Henry County) at 3969 Fairystone Park Highway, Bassett;
- 3 – 6 p.m., CHIP of Roanoke Valley at 1201 Third St. SW, Roanoke;
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Roanoke City Main Library at 706 S. Jefferson Street, Roanoke;
- Friday, Nov. 8, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Belmont Branch Library at 1101 Morningside St. SE, Roanoke;
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., Carilion Giles Community Hospital at 159 Hartley Way, Pearisburg. Services will be limited to women at this location.
Registration is not required to participate.