PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The husband and father of two Pittsylvania County triple murder victims recently posted birthday wishes to his slain wife.
Danville native Blake Bivens, a baseball player for the Montgomery Biscuits minor league team, wished his late wife Emily a happy 25th birthday through his Instagram account.
“Happy 25th Birthday in heaven, baby,” Blake Bivens wrote to Emily. “I thank God everyday for letting me have you for a short time. Your love and kindness has impacted so many people. I miss you so much.”
He added a message to their son, Cullen, who was also a victim of the Pittsylvania County triple murder.
“Give our little pooh bear a kiss for me,” he wrote. “I love you both so much and can’t wait to see you again.”
Emily and Cullen Bivens, along with Emily’s mother Joan Bernard, were murdered in August at Bernard’s home in the small community of Keeling in Pittsylvania County. Emily’s brother, Matthew Bernard, is in custody on three charges of first degree murder. Police allege he killed his mother, sister, and nephew before he was found naked and taken into custody. Search warrants obtained by WFXRtv.com allege Matthew Bernard may have had a religious motive for the murders.
- Ban on ‘Soul Cap’ spotlights lack of diversity in swimming
- Fountain of youth: 37-year-old becomes oldest Olympic weightlifting champ
- Bacon in California may become scarce, more expensive as new pig rules take effect
- Florida neighborhood offering $500 reward for information on deer found with arrow through neck
- UPDATE: Lanes reopened at scene of tractor-trailer crash on I-81 north in Wythe County