ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR News) – A family is honoring their daughter who passed away from a rare Leukemia.
Rowan Price’s family did a Barbie drive to give away the dolls in her honor.
They donated some of those dolls to the Ronald McDonald house. Volunteers from the Ronald McDonald House were passing out the dolls at the Stocked Market.
“I think it was nice of the parents to remember her by letting Ronald McDonald house to have them do a drive on Barbies,” said one girl who got a doll.
The handed the dolls out for free at the Stocked Market to any little kid who wanted one. They even had a note on the back that explains Rowan’s story.
- Firework stands sell legal products, amid a spike in illegal firework complaints
- Inmate dies after apparent attack at Red Onion State Prison in far SWVA
- What’s next for Richmond monuments? Virginians weigh-in
- NC’s H2OBX will not be opening for the 2020 season
- Newport News 11-year-old gets special welcome home after spending weeks in hospital