(WFXR) – Virginia’s First Lady, Pamela Northam, is visiting classrooms across the Commonwealth and she has begun her tour in Southwest Virginia.
Northam’s annual “Back to School” tour included stops in Blacksburg, Marion and Abingdon on Monday.
She highlighted the importance of expanding access to quality learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Northam also thanked the unsung heroes of the crisis, which she says, includes educators and caregivers.
“You know it’s really an interesting time in education and I think as we’re innovating and learning as we go and moving very quickly, I think we’re looking for some silver linings and some opportunities. Yes, there are challenges but I also look at that as opportunity as well.”Pamela Northam, First Lady of Virginia
Through the month of September, Northam will continue her tour across the Commonwealth. On Tuesday, she is set to visit Coeburn and Wise.
- North Cross Raiders prep for season opener
- Pulaski Supervisors raise concerns over scheduled Radford University rally
- Police investigate armed robbery at Meadowgreen Market in Bassett
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil