ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Two Roanoke City schools have announced a two-week closure due to confirmed cases of COVID-19.
After consultation with the Virginia Department of Health, Wasena Elementary and James Madison Middle Schools will be closed for in-person instruction for the next two weeks, according to a statement released by Roanoke City Public Schools on Tuesday, Oct. 27.
Principals from both schools will update the community regarding the re-opening of each school.
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots
- Multiple weather-related road closures, fog warnings reported around Southside, New River Valley
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Pennsylvania lawmaker informed of positive virus test at Trump meeting, source says