ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A student at an elementary school in Roanoke County has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a district official, the student attends Back Creek Elementary School.
They say they are working closely with the Virginia Department of Health and are planning to reach out to families who may have had close contact with the student.
No other information regarding the student’s grade level, age or identity has been released.
Roanoke County Schools will be open as normal on Thursday.
- Learning about indoor air quality with Southern Trust Home Services during National Indoor Air Quality Month
- Staff members from 3 Botetourt County schools tests positive for COVID-19
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- UPDATE: Burned vehicle found in Appomattox Co. with remains inside registered to person reported missing in Bedford Co., authorities say
- Dog injured after shot with BB/pellet gun in Lexington, police say