WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — After receiving a generous allocation of CARES Act funds from the Wythe County Board of Supervisors, Wythe County Public Schools (WCPS) will be able to offer more students free breakfast and free lunch during the 2020-2021 school year.
Families of WCPS students will have to place their orders with their child’s schools. There will be two options to get school meals during 100% Distance Learning.
- Families can pick up meals at any school between 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Contact the child’s school to learn more about the designated meal pickup location.
- Meals can be delivered to the student’s residence. Delivery times will be communicated by the child’s school. Address is needed for delivery.
In order to receive meals, students must provide WCPS staff with their student number. Only WCPS students are eligible to receive meals through this program.
Families who already receive free meals will continue to receive their benefits. Families who qualify for reduced price meals and students who pay full price for meals will be given free meals.
WCPS still encourages families to fill out the Free and Reduced Meal Application. The amount of participants in the WCPS Free and Reduced Meal Program directly impacts the amount of funding for other academic programs.
- Pinpoint Weather: Few showers Tuesday, cool start to August
- Evan Hughes Named Hokies’ Women’s Basketball, Baseball Voice
- Friday Night Blitz Preseason Tour-Lord Botetourt Cavaliers
- Silver Anniversary of Twin Hoops Basketball Camp
- Four officers who defended U.S. Capitol during Jan. 6 attack have died by suicide