Montgomery County Public Schools presents updated Phase 3, Level 3 reopening plan

Back to School

(Photo: Courtesy Pexels)

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — During a school board meeting Tuesday night, Montgomery County Public Schools presented an updated version of its Phase 3, Level 3 reopening plan.

The plan, which can be found by scrolling down, highlights four main aspects which includes student placement and accommodations, instructional delivery, mitigation plans, and facilities and maintenance.

A survey was conducted to determine families’ choice whether they wanted students to attend in-person or remotely.

According to the survey, 72% mentioned attending in-person while the remaining 28% wanted to attend classes remotely.

The district mentions that changes to the method of instruction could be made based on virus-related concerns, which also includes comfortability with in-person or remote learning. However, day-to-day changes will not be allowed.

You can find out more details — including the instructional delivery, mitigation plans, and the work done by the facilities and maintenance department in preparation for the implementation of Phase 3, Level 3 — in the presentation made to the Montgomery County School Board below:

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form

Senior Send Off