FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — With the second semester set to begin on Jan. 26 for Franklin County students, school officials are set to hold to three Facebook live sessions in the coming weeks to discuss the district’s “Return to School” plan and answer families’ questions.
Franklin County Public Schools t says the Facebook livestreams are scheduled over the course of three weeks and will cover the following topics:
Thursday, Jan. 7, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Transportation, building safety, and cleaning procedures
- COVID-19 community updates and vaccine distribution updates
- mitigating protocols within schools
- Saturday opportunity
- Updates on free breakfast/lunch opportunities for all students
Thursday, Jan. 14, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- How to get help
- Mental health supports
- Building a support system
- Question and answer session
Thursday, Jan. 21, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Safety protocols
- Mitigating strategies
- SOL information
- Learning opportunities, such as tutoring and Saturday opportunities
- Policies for elementary, middle, and high schools, including morning/afternoon arrival and dismissal, hallways, breakfast and lunch, masks, temperature checks, etc.
- Canvas support
- Virtual academies
- Botetourt County tractor-trailer crash causes miles-long delay on I-81 South
- Number of confirmed coronavirus patients plummets from 432 to 345 at ‘Near Southwest Virginia’ hospitals
- Pinpoint Weather: Snow arrives overnight, cold and windy pattern to follow Thursday
- WATCH @ Noon: Centra Health to hold weekly coronavirus news conference
- Terminally ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on Tuesday