BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Bedford County school officials announced Tuesday that students will start the second semester of the 2020-21 school year until Jan. 21, 2021, in order to allow more time for teachers to prepare the various learning models.
Bedford County Public Schools says this delay will provide two extra instructional collaboration days on Jan. 19 and Jan. 20, 2021.
In addition, according to the school district, delaying the start of the semester will give teachers more time to get ready for the approximately 664 students who chose to shift to in-person, hybrid, or remote learning options during the second half of the school year.
“We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we do our best to continue to safely operate our schools while accommodating families who have requested learning model changes,” Bedford County Public Schools wrote on Facebook on Tuesday, Nov. 24.
You can check out the updated Bedford County Public Schools calendar by following this link.
- Hokies All Access (Jan. 21, 2021): Discussing Virginia Tech men’s and women’s basketball, catching up with Jeff Charles and Coach’s Corner
- Roanoke College prepares for spring 2021 semester after delayed start
- Wanted fugitive arrested by Carroll County deputies
- Deputy Chief of Lynchburg Police Department appointed to esteemed crime prevention committee
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden