DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Students at Averett University return to class on Wednesday, and officials say there are a few changes to campus at the start of the year.
Students started moving in last weekend and were asked to quarantine for 14 days. They were scheduled to move back at staggered times, and guests helping students move in were required to complete a self-health questionnaire.
With the new changes, campus guests must be in contact with the school before visiting and will be accompanied by a staff member at all times.
The university will enforce face coverings and social distancing protocols. Additionally, student leaders received additional training for COVID-19 procedures.
- Two people arrested in connection to Thursday afternoon shooting in Lynchburg
- Wiles talks about receiving lunch pail from Foster
- Pac-12 football to start Nov. 6th
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Pulaski County farm gets ready for 11th year of agritourism