ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Rockbridge County Public Schools have announced several new cases of COVID-19 that have resulted in over two dozen students being forced into quarantine.
In a letter released online on Wednesday, Aug. 25, the school district has confirmed the following:
- One staff member at Natural Bridge Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19
- 16 students have been quarantined surrounding this case
- Five students at Rockbridge County High School test positive for COVID-19
- Six students have been quarantined surrounding these cases
- Two students at Maury River Middle School have tested positive for COVID-19
- Three students are being quarantined surrounding these cases
Rockbridge County school officials continue to recommend that face coverings be worn while in public at schools, along with maintaining social distancing and washing hands thoroughly.
Those individuals who have been in close contact with a known case of COVID-19 will be contacted to determine whether or not they need to quarantine.
To read the full letter from Rockbridge County Public Schools, click the Facebook link below.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list