ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – There are still no arrests in the murder of Roanoke cardiologist Gary Swank who was killed in June in San Pedro, Belize.
The effects, though, of his murder continue to be felt in the Central American country.
News Belize reports tourism is down nearly eight-percent from this time last year which is equal to one thousand fewer visitors.
There will also be a fundraiser this weekend for the American Heart Association.
OrangeTheory Fitness in Roanoke is holding a class on Saturday with a $10 donation in the name of Gary Swank.
- Northside athlete Tracey Hueston’s road to recovery
- Dawgs Hammer Rivermen, 5-1
- Girls H.S. Basketball: Hidden Valley at Northside
- Girls H.S. George Washington at Pulaski County
- Girls H.S. Basketball: Harrisonburg at William Fleming