ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – There are still no arrests in the murder of Roanoke cardiologist Gary Swank who was killed in June in San Pedro, Belize.
The effects, though, of his murder continue to be felt in the Central American country.
News Belize reports tourism is down nearly eight-percent from this time last year which is equal to one thousand fewer visitors.
There will also be a fundraiser this weekend for the American Heart Association.
OrangeTheory Fitness in Roanoke is holding a class on Saturday with a $10 donation in the name of Gary Swank.
- Employee tested positive for COVID-19 at Tazewell County School
- Pinpoint Weather: Chilly start to Monday, more sunshine for the start of the week
- VDOT launches ‘Virginia is for Lovers, Not Litter’ campaign to promote a cleaner Virginia
- Travel difficult in OBX as NC Route 12 closed in spots following ocean overwash; Avon Fishing Pier closes as safety precaution
- Chesapeake twins celebrate birthday, end of chemotherapy treatment with parade of cars