UPDATE 1:52 p.m.: Danville Police have released additional information in a homicide early Sunday morning.
Police say they have arrested a person of interest in connection with the homicide. They add that person was arrested on unrelated charges.
This is an ongoing investigation.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A 43-year-old woman was found dead in Danville early Sunday morning, and appeared to have suffered from a gunshot wound.
Danville Police responded to a reported shooting in the 800 block of Buford Street around 3:22 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 6. Upon arrival, they discovered a deceased woman suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.
The victim was identified as 43-year-old Lashanda Mecole Deshazo of Danville. Deshazo’s body has been taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Roanoke for an autopsy.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Danville Crimestoppers at (434) 793-0000, or via their crime tips line at email@example.com. Information given will remain confidential.
According to police, this is the fifth homicide in Danville for 2020.
- Pinpoint Weather: Milder and somewhat breezy, mountain snow for some
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?