CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — Three people were injured after a school bus and a tractor-trailer collided on Iron Bridge Road in Chesterfield, Va., Monday morning.
The incident happened on VA-10 near Beach Road, VDOT said. Chesterfield Police responded just before 6:30 a.m.
Officers on the scene told our sister station 8News that the school bus was turning out of Courthouse Commons West to go westbound on Route 10 when a tractor-trailer traveling eastbound collided with the bus in the middle of the intersection.
“Right now we have 3 patients with minor non-life threatening injuries,” Chesterfield Police said.
Police did not say if those injured are students. The school bus driver was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
A witness on the scene told 8News he saw the tractor-trailer hit the bus in the front and on the side.
Drivers should expect delays, all lanes of Iron Bridge Road are closed. Westbound Route 10 is being rerouted through the government Complex for the time being. Eastbound is down to one lane.
Officers said the tractor-trailer is fully loaded carrying trash. Westbound Iron Bridge Road will be closed for at least an hour as crews clean up.
- Trump’s former campaign manager hospitalized in Florida after threats to harm himself
- Motorcycle driver trying to escape Virginia state trooper killed in collision with truck, police say
- Deerfield Correctional Center reports 15th inmate death from COVID-19
- Sheriff’s office: Bland County deputy injured while serving emergency custody order
- Positive coronavirus case reported from Floyd County elementary school