ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia Western Community College’s Gaming Club will hold a 24-hour video game marathon to play games and raise money.
The gaming community is coming together this weekend to raise money for the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, known as Carilion Children’s Hospital in Roanoke.
Participants are asked to raise a minimum of $10 per day to play and can play in tournaments where prizes will be awarded included gift cards, figurines and 3D printed Mario Kart trophies.
The Game-a-thon runs Friday and Saturday.
This is the third year for the event.
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California
- Attorney confirms Vanessa Guillen remains positively identified
- Virginia Department of Health reminds people to be vigilant with contact tracers
- Man faces criminal charges for riding wild horse on Assateague Island
- Frederick Douglass statue removed at New York park