ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia Western Community College’s Gaming Club will hold a 24-hour video game marathon to play games and raise money.
The gaming community is coming together this weekend to raise money for the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, known as Carilion Children’s Hospital in Roanoke.
Participants are asked to raise a minimum of $10 per day to play and can play in tournaments where prizes will be awarded included gift cards, figurines and 3D printed Mario Kart trophies.
The Game-a-thon runs Friday and Saturday.
This is the third year for the event.
- One dead, another injured in Amherst shooting Saturday; 18-year-old in custody
- Low clouds linger east of the Appalachians
- Truck crash closes lanes on U.S. 29 in Nelson County
- Tractor-trailer crash, “hazardous spill” closes eastbound lanes on U.S. 460 in Roanoke County
- All lanes open on Interstate 64 after several injured in bus, tractor-trailer crash in Albemarle County