LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A Lynchburg man is facing several drug and weapon charges after authorities searched his apartment on Oct. 26.
In partnership with the United States Marshals Service, Lynchburg police executed a search warrant on Timber Court. During the search, authorities allegedly discovered one loaded handgun, nearly four pounds of marijuana, a distributable amount of oxycodone, ecstasy, and cash.
According to LPD, 23-year-old Shytrez T. Robey was taken into custody. As the investigation continued, police learned Robey was wanted on outstanding warrants for Eluding police and Posession with the Intent to Distribution Marijuana.
However, after the search on Thursday, Robey was charged with the following additional crimes:
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Schedule I/II Substance
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute Marijuana
- Possession of a Firearm while in Possession of a Schedule I/II Substance
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute more than one pound of Marijuana while in Possession of a Firearm
- Child Endangerment
- Leaving a Firearm Accessible to a Juvenile
Robey was taken to the Blue Ridge Regional Jail where he is being held without bond.
Anyone who has information about any firearm-related criminal activity or the distribution of drugs within the community is encouraged to call LPD’s Vice and Narcotics Unit at 434-455-6049 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900. You can enter a tip online, or use the P3 app. Police are offering a reward of up to $1,000 reward is available through the Crime Stopper Program.