LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Lynchburg Police Department (LPD) reports a Bedford County man has been arrested after the seizure of multiple weapons and drugs during a warrant execution on August 20th.
According to LPD, at 6:42 am on Sunday, officers arrived at the scene of a domestic dispute at a home on the 1300-block of Jefferson Street. Inside, illegal items were allegedly seen, which lead to a warrant being issued for a further search.
The following items were seized during the execution of the search warrant:
- 13 Pounds of Marijuana
- 1,000 boxes of THC resin product
- Over $10,000 in US Currency
- 12-gauge semi-automatic shotgun
- Two pistols
- Equipment used for packaging, sealing, and shipping of narcotics
20-year-old Shelton Blankenship of Bedford County was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm while in possession of >1 pound of Marijuana with the Intent to Distribute
- Possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute >5 pounds
- Possession of a Schedule III Narcotic with the Intent to Distribute
Blankenship is currently being held in the Blue Ridge Regional Jail in Lynchburg without Bond.
LPD says the investigation is ongoing and that additional charges are pending. If you have any information regarding the incident, please contact the Lynchburg Police Department at 434-455-6050, or by calling Central Virginia Crime Stoppers at 1-888-798-5900. You can also make an anonymous tip online at http://p3tips.com or by downloading the P3 app on any mobile device. A cash reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $1,000 may be available for tips that lead to an arrest in this crime.
WFXR News will continue to update you on this story with any new information as it is released.