MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Martinsville Police Department arrested a man after a shooting occurred at the Maplewood Apartment Complex in Martinsville on April 6th.
Around 4:23 a.m. on Thursday, officers responded to the apartments located on the 1400 block of West Fayette Street and found an unidentified 45-year-old woman suffering from a gunshot wound. The extent of the woman’s injuries is currently unknown, but she was airlifted to the hospital for further treatment.
Investigators arrested 39-year-old Tony Lashaun Martin on the evening of April 7th in alleged connection to the shooting. He faces charges in two court systems.
In the Martinsville Juvenile and Domestic Court, Martin has been charged with the following:
- Malicious Wounding
- Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony
- Discharge of a Firearm in an Occupied Dwelling
In the Martinsville General District Court, he has been charged with the following:
- Reckless Handling of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Possession of Ammo by a Convicted Felon
- Discharge of a Firearm in the City