Kara Thompson, WFXR-TV’s morning meteorologist on Good Day Virginia and Living Local, shows how to make a perfect brownie. The recipe is below:
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chopped unsweetened chocolate and cubed butter. Stir occasionally until it’s fully melted.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, and egg yolk with an electric mixer for 1 minute, until the mixture is pale yellow and doubled in volume.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it into the egg mixture. Then add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Stir with a spatula to combine.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing with a spatula just until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-33 minutes (glass pan) 25-27 minutes (metal pan) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.