7 hidden reasons why people are leaving your company…
1. The job or workplace was not as promised.
2. There was a mismatch between job and person.
3. There was too little coaching and feedback.
4. There were too few growth and advancement opportunities.
5. Workers felt devalued and unrecognized.
6. There was stress from overwork, conflict, and work-life imbalance.
7. Workers had lost trust and confidence in senior leaders.
95% percent of the time, managers or leaders could prevent an employee from leaving. Basically, there are push and pull reasons – an employee feels pushed out most of the time for factors that can be controlled by their manager or leader.
Reported Reasons for Leaving: Exit Factor
1. Lack of Trust in Senior Leaders (10.6%)
2. Insufficient Pay (5.7%)
3. Unhealthy or Undesirable Culture (5.5%)
4. Company’s Lack of Concern for Development (5.1%)
5. Lack of Honesty, Integrity, Ethics (4.9%)
6. Unfair Treatment (4.8%)