UPDATE (11:30 p.m.) — Virginia Tech led their season opener from start to finish as they beat N.C. State 45-24 Saturday night at Lane Stadium.
Before the game Virginia Tech announcing 23 players and 4 coaches wouldn’t be available for the game. Some connected to COVID-19 and some connected to injuries.
Tech jumped out to a 17-0 lead after the 1st quarter and never looked back. The Hokies hit the road next week to play at the Duke Blue Devils next Saturday at 4pm.
UPDATE (9:40 p.m.) — Virginia Tech is leading N.C. State 31-10 at the half. The Hokies have rushed for 201 yards, Quincy Patterson, II with 2 touchdown passes. Khalil Herbert and Raheem Blacksheer each with a rushing touchdown.
BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Tonight at 8 p.m., the Virginia Tech Hokies will battle North Carolina State at Lane Stadium in Blacksburg.
You can listen to the game on WFXR’s Facebook page where sports director Jermaine Ferrell will chat with fans throughout the game.
The livestream is available on facebook.com/wfxrnews and at the top of this story.
- Danville Fire Department battle Friday night fire on Main Street
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Navy vet’s ‘sense of activism changed’ since beating by feds