FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — A child in northern Virginia is the first confirmed case in the state of a pediatric inflammatory illness associated with the coronavirus.
Health department officials on Tuesday confirmed the case of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) in the Fairfax Health District, which includes Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church.
Officials say the child was hospitalized May 5 and has since been discharged and is recovering at home. No other details, including the age of the child, were provided.
The Centers for Disease Control issued an advisory about the syndrome May 14, warning of symptoms including fever, abdominal pain, and inflammation.
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Protests erupt in Richmond following Breonna Taylor grand jury decision
- High-speed chase results in crash in Campbell County
- YOVASO promotes Drive For Change: Buckle Up and Slow Down sticker design contest
- Tazewell County uses CARES Act money to help pay for daycare