RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR/WRIC) – The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) opened five more customer centers on Tuesday morning, a step that comes after nine other locations began operations last week.
The five customer service centers — which are listed below — reopened for specific services and will operate under an appointment-only service format starting Tuesday, May 26.
The following locations will be open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- 3236 Odd Fellows Road in Lynchburg
- 12730 Patrick Henry Drive in Newport News
- 6400 Bickford Parkway in Portsmouth
The following locations will be open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- 103 Commonwealth Boulevard in Emporia
- 1151 Tazewell Avenue in Tazewell
“Our staff has been working tirelessly to get these next offices ready to safely open because we
know Virginians are looking forward to once again obtaining DMV service in their communities,” DMV Commissioner Richard D. Holcomb said in a statement.
According to the DMV, between May 13 — when the department launched its new appointment system — and May 19, more than 61,000 Virginians booked appointments for various services. Customers looking to book an appointment for any of the 14 offices that have reopened can use the DMV’s service.
“We are so grateful for our customers’ patience as we reopen over time and in a way that incorporates the best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health for everyone’s well-being,” Holcomb’s statement continued.
For a full list of services, click here.
- Radford University Students hold ‘Bigger Picture March and Rally’
- New River Valley Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast
- Central Virginia Forecast
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast