UPDATE 4:50 p.m.: The West Piedmont Health District has announced seven new cases of coronavirus in their region, as of Monday.
In Franklin County, there is one newly-confirmed case of coronavirus involving a female in her 20s.
And in Henry County, there are six new cases of COVID-19 involving two females in their 50s and four males with an age range between their 40s and 80s.
RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported a total of 51,251 COVID-19 cases and 1,477 virus-related deaths as of Monday morning, including 570 new confirmed and probable cases and five new confirmed and probable deaths around the Commonwealth.
Virginia health officials confirmed 48,879 cases and 1,373 deaths are related to the virus as of Monday, June 8. However, 2,372 cases and 104 deaths are still reported as “probable.”
According to VDH’s Monday morning update, more than 1,500 COVID-19 cases are from the following localities in southwest and central Virginia:
- Alleghany County: 26 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Amherst County: 27 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Appomattox County: 33 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Bedford County: 79 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Botetourt County: 40 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 4 deaths
- Buena Vista: 13 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Campbell County: 20 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Carroll County: 141 cases, 11 hospitalizations, and 4 deaths
- Charlotte County: 28 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Covington: 4 cases
- Craig County: 6 cases
- Danville: 60 cases, 16 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Floyd County: 8 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Franklin County: 40 cases, 5 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Galax: 147 cases, 11 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Giles County: 5 cases
- Grayson County: 54 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Halifax County: 32 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Henry County: 169 cases, 12 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Highland County: 3 cases
- Lexington: 8 cases
- Lynchburg: 88 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Martinsville: 50 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Montgomery County: 94 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Nelson County: 17 cases
- Patrick County: 28 cases
- Pittsylvania County: 50 cases, 12 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Pulaski County: 28 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Radford: 7 cases
- Roanoke City: 199 cases, 10 hospitalizations, and 10 deaths
- Roanoke County: 122 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 6 deaths
- Rockbridge County: 20 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Salem: 40 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Wythe County: 36 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 1 death
Since Sunday, June 7, VDH reported 11 new cases, three new hospitalizations, and two new deaths in Carroll County. In addition, the department reported three new cases in Henry County, three in Montgomery County, two in Floyd County, two in Martinsville, two in Salem, and single new cases in several other localities between Sunday and Monday.
Health officials say they have received 5,143 records of confirmed and probable virus-related hospitalizations across Virginia as of Monday.
- Pinpoint Weather: Foggy start with not much sunshine until later this afternoon
- Cavaliers prep for season opener against Duke
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- COVID-19 has Mayors advising citizens to refrain from typical Halloween activities
- Lynchburg Parks and Recreation to host 4th Annual Glow Ride at Riverside Park