CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – The New River Health District confirmed two more cases of coronavirus in the district.
Both are residents of Giles County and in self-quarantine at home. Health department staff are investigating how many people came in contact with the patients, the first confirmed in Giles County.
“Now that we are almost a month into this public health emergency, COVID-19 has spread to every health district, and nearly every corner of Virginia . . . Each one of us must do everything we can to limit the further spread of illness. We know the most effective way to do this is to stay home as much as possible, and practice effective individual precautions, especially for hygiene and distance. That’s how YOU stay well, and how you protect those around you today, AND those you will be with tomorrow.”Noelle Bissell, M.D., director of the New River Health District
To protect the patients’ privacy, the Virginia Department of Health is not releasing any more info at this time.
- Pinpoint Weather: After a break from rain chances this morning, scattered showers and storms return this afternoon.
- ‘I’m under here!’: Boy trapped under Jeep in his bedroom after drunk driver plows into home
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed Wednesday night
- Kansas soldier uses vehicle to stop active shooter, likely saving ‘countless lives’
- Peter Manfredonia arrested in Hagerstown, Maryland in connection with 2 homicides in Connecticut