UPDATED 5:25 p.m.: The West Piedmont Health District has announced seven new cases of coronavirus in their district over the last 24 hours.
In Henry County, there are two new confirmed cases of COVID-19. Both are female with ages ranging from their 50s to 60s.
In Patrick County, there is one new confirmed COVID-19 case. The new case is a female in her 40s.
In Martinsville, there are four newly-confirmed cases. Three are male, one is female with ages ranging from five into their 40s.
RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) — Health officials reported 1,005 new COVID-19 cases and 27 new virus-related deaths around Virginia on Tuesday morning, reaching a total of 32,145 confirmed and probable diagnoses and 1,041 confirmed and probable fatalities across the Commonwealth.
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) confirmed 30,539 cases and 1,007 deaths are related to the virus as of Tuesday, May 19. However, 1,606 cases and 34 deaths are still reported as “probable.”
According to VDH’s Tuesday tally, more than 950 cases are being reported from the following localities in southwest and central Virginia:
- Alleghany County: 9 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Amherst County: 25 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Appomattox County: 24 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Bedford County: 41 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Botetourt County: 31 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Buena Vista: 11 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Campbell County: 13 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Carroll County: 50 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Charlotte County: 14 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Covington: 2 cases
- Craig County: 4 cases
- Danville: 44 cases, 13 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Floyd County: 4 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Franklin County: 30 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Galax: 82 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Giles County: 5 cases
- Grayson County: 21 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Halifax County: 29 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Henry County: 46 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Highland County: 2 cases
- Lexington: 6 cases
- Lynchburg: 75 cases, 7 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Martinsville: 16 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Montgomery County: 66 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Nelson County: 13 cases
- Patrick County: 9 cases
- Pittsylvania County: 26 cases, 10 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Pulaski County: 10 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Radford: 3 cases
- Roanoke City: 135 cases, 7 hospitalizations, and 8 deaths
- Roanoke County: 88 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Rockbridge County: 13 cases
- Salem: 33 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Wythe County: 16 cases, 1 hospitalization, and 1 death
Since Monday, May 18, health officals have reported eight new COVID-19 cases in Martinsville, seven in Roanoke City, three in Buena Vista, three in Henry County, two in Halifax County, two in Pittsylvania County, two in Roanoke County, two in Rockbridge County, and single cases in several other localities.
In addition, the department says it has received 3,904 records of confirmed and probable hospitalizations related to the virus as of Tuesday.
- Virginia Tech provides COVID-19 update, shows 130 new cases since last week
- Pinpoint Weather: Still feeling fall-like as we approach the first day of autumn
- Broadband expansion moving forward in Rockbridge County, project areas revised
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- ‘Giant rat’ found in drain under Mexico City