CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — On Thursday afternoon, the University of Virginia announced the immediate suspension of all athletic activities due to coronavirus concerns.
For those who purchased tickets to events impacted by this announcement can email the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 542-8821 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays.
UVA officials will announce any additional changes to athletics events and guidelines through the university’s coronavirus website and social media.
“We understand this is unusual and unprecedented; however, these are extremely unusual times,” says UVA athletics director Carla Williams. “These decisions will be reviewed on a daily basis as circumstances change. This is not ideal for anyone, but the goal is to preserve and protect the health and safety of as many people in our Athletics family and beyond as possible.”
- Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies
- Strong to severe storms today and Thursday
- Redskins weigh drafting Chase Young vs. trading No. 2 pick
- Pulaski County encourages residents to follow CDC guidelines to prevent coronavirus spread
- Baby black bear visits Southwest Virginia Wildlife Center of Roanoke