(WFXR) – A new study indicates that children carry the same amount of coronavirus in their respiratory systems as adults do.
Researchers at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago came to the conclusion after analyzing data from well over 100 COVID-19 patients and found that younger children had anywhere from 10 to 100 times of the amount of viral RNA in their upper respiratory tract.
Researchers say they hope their work adds to the continuing conversation about reopening schools. The study was published Thursday in the Journal of the American Medical Association of Pediatrics.
- Northam packs ‘We Care’ emergency food care packages at Feed More
- AG Herring calls on Facebook to take further steps to prevent use of its platforms to spread hate, disinformation
- 60 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Green Rock Correctional Center in Chatham
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery