SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Smith Mountain Lake Visitor Center is set to re-open on Thursday, May 21, in accordance with Gov. Northam’s phase-one opening of the state.
According to Christopher Finley, executive director of the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce, “We have implemented new measures to ensure the safety of guests, staff and volunteers including physical distancing, enhanced cleaning protocols, and Personal Protective Equipment.”
These safety measures will be compliant with the CDC’s and VDH’s guidelines amidst the pandemic. For example, all employees will be wearing masks, plexiglass shields will be installed, floor markings will be placed to maintain social distancing and the restroom will be closed to the public.
The center is located at the Bridgewater Plaza in Suite 2 on 16430 Booker T. Washington Highway in Moneta. Its hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- City Manager for Roanoke City releases update as protests continue
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- Two Virginia Walmart’s close for evening due to ‘potential threat’
- Danville Public Schools offer meal distribution sites for summer feeding program