BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Town officials in Blacksburg have announced the closure of a section of Draper Road beginning Thursday, June 11 to expand outdoor dining and create more public space downtown.
Draper Road will be closed between College Avenue and Jackson Street in an effort for local restaurants to better serve their customers by having more outdoor seating in a safe manner.
There will also be wider sidewalks and public spaces for pedestrians heading downtown.
Over the next several weeks, picnic tables, planters and lights will be added to transform this section of downtown into an inviting area the public can enjoy while remaining a safe distance apart.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Body found in Pittsylvania County field positively ID’d as missing Raleigh man, police say
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say
- Pinpoint Weather: Fall feel to the last weekend of the summer
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?