ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke City council members will hold a virtual meeting Friday for a special called meeting.
Members of city council, as well as Mayor Sherman Lea, Jr. will participate remotely for the meeting starting at 2:00 p.m.
Council members will consider measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic disaster, including continuity of city government.
They will also consider an emergency ordinance allowing temporary changes in certain deadlines, as well as authorizing the city manager to set dates andtimes of public hearings for the 2021 fiscal year budget.
City leaders will also vote on an ordinance that would suspend Valley Metro fares.
- VDH: Confirmed COVID-19 cases climb to 3,333, deaths to 63; first cases reported in Craig County
- Botetourt County to hold budget meeting Tuesday afternoon
- Roanoke City implements temporary furlough for 39 part-time positions
- Delays expected on I-81 South in Rockbridge County due to tractor-trailer crash
- Strong storms possible for Tuesday and Wednesday