ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke City council members will hold a virtual meeting Friday for a special called meeting.
Members of city council, as well as Mayor Sherman Lea, Jr. will participate remotely for the meeting starting at 2:00 p.m.
Council members will consider measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic disaster, including continuity of city government.
They will also consider an emergency ordinance allowing temporary changes in certain deadlines, as well as authorizing the city manager to set dates andtimes of public hearings for the 2021 fiscal year budget.
City leaders will also vote on an ordinance that would suspend Valley Metro fares.
- Tracking the Tropics: Isaias keeps 70 mph winds, becomes better organized as it heads for Carolinas
- New daycare programs help parents in need as new school year approaches
- USOPC opens books, gives more detail about sports funding
- Men’s Wearhouse files for bankruptcy
- Campbell Co Registrar trying to double the number of election officials before November