LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A Lynchburg health insurance company will close their physical office, as employees work from home to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Piedmont Community Health Plan, Inc.’s 102 employees are providing all services via email and telephone.
“There will be no access-to-care interruptions,” said the company in a statement. “However, we do ask for member and client understanding during these challenging times.
See below for a list of relevant telephone numbers for providers and customers.
- Piedmont Customer Service and Medical Management will be available by telephone (only) during normal business hours. Our local phone number is (434) 947-4463;
- Our toll-free phone number is 1-800-400-7247;
- For group eligibility issues, employers are encouraged to either email to the Piedmont eligibility e-mailbox (email@example.com), contact your broker who can telephone us using existing communication channels, or contact Barb Schlesinger-Nash, Piedmont Director of Client/Provider Relations at (434) 841-3945;
- Providers can reach us at either (434) 947-4463 or 1-800-400-7247;
- CVS/Caremark is available for prescription drug benefit questions at 1-800-552-8159; and
- ACA Marketplace premiums can be paid at 1-888-518-7597.
“We suggest that patients seek medical care via primary care or through our telehealth options, such as Centra 24/7, to avoid the potential risk of infection by gathering in emergency rooms and urgent care facilities,” said Laura Campbell RN, Piedmont’s Director of Medical Management.
- Washington Huddle week 2 with Bruce Rader and Scott Jackson
- Virginians have never had more ways to vote, here are your options this fall
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- JMU students to return to campus for in-person learning next month
- Virginia Senators announce more than $2.2M in federal funding in Pittsylvania County due to damage sustained from 2018’s Tropical Storm Michael