DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — People most vulnerable to COVID-19 are turning to social media to share their stories and spread awareness.
The hashtag #HighRiskCovid19 has been trending throughout the weekend with the most popular posts being from people sharing their health struggles and how COVID-19 could impact their lives. Many of the posts are from young people with rare health conditions.
Other users on social media are spreading a similar message using the hashtag #StayTheFHome. While many of the posts are from those with underlying health conditions, other popular posts show large gatherings and encourage others to make responsible decisions.
- One person hurt after shooting in Southeast Roanoke
- Spring classes at Virginia community colleges to stay online
- Student tests positive for COVID-19 at Glenvar High School in Roanoke County
- Police investigate shooting in South Boston after victim arrives at hospital for treatment, second shooting occurs shortly after
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast