CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The New River Valley Public Health Task Force plans to hold an interactive, virtual town hall on Wednesday, June 10 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the topic of COVID-19 and its impact on colleges and universities.
This is the final installment in a six-week series. Each featured panelists and specific topic discussions. This week’s panel includes representatives from New River Community College, Radford University and Virginia Tech.
Area residents may submit questions anytime online, by calling (540) 391-0385 and leaving a voicemail, or on Twitter using the hashtag #NRVStrongerTogether.
The town halls stream live online, and are archived on YouTube, agency websites and social media, and rebroadcast on local cable access stations including Comcast and Shentel Channel 190 (Christiansburg and Montgomery County) and Comcast Channel 2 (Blacksburg).
For more information, visit www.montva.com/coronavirus or call the New River Health District public health call center at (540) 267-8240. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon and Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. After hours, leave a message.
- Roanoke City Schools meet to discuss reopening plans, sets Aug. 31 as first day for students
- Pulaski County Schools release potential plan for reopening
- Hanover Schools to rename Stonewall Jackson Middle, Lee-Davis High following 4-3 vote
- Lawsuit aims to restore Richmond’s Confederate statues ‘to their previous condition’
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia