ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The American Red Cross says they are facing a blood shortage as multiple blood drives across the country are canceled.
At the governor’s coronavirus press conference today, Gov. Ralph Northam said he plans to donate blood.
There have been over 2,600 blood drives canceled, which equals 68,000 units of blood not collected.
While drives have been canceled, donors can make appointments at its main facilities.
- Police offer safety tips after disappearance of North Carolina man following ‘online car sale that went horribly wrong’
- Roanoke County Fire & Rescue awarded nearly $3 million grant to hire new staff
- University of Lynchburg down to five active COVID-19 cases among students, staff as of Friday
- UPDATE: Authorities share pictures of man wanted in connection with armed robbery at Meadow Green Market in Bassett
- Warrant: Missing Raleigh man was murdered in North Carolina, body likely found in Virginia