RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) — The Radford Health and Rehab Center saw a huge number of visitors on Sunday afternoon as part of a safe yet special Mother’s Day celebration.
Earlier this week, officials at the Radford Health and Rehab Center shared their plans to hold a parade and pass out flowers to all their mothers from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 10.
Come Sunday, members of the Radford City Police Department announced more than 50 vehicles came out to the long-term care facility to show their love for their families and friends.
“We had the honor to escort another parade and love seeing the unity our community has,” the department wrote.
- Southside Virginia man arrested after multi-state manhunt in connection with North Carolina shooting
- Back to the Track: We’re previewing NASCAR’s longest race, the Coca-Cola 600
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers & storms Sunday, cool Memorial Day ahead
- ‘We are all learning to operate in new normal:’ Gov. Northam responds to viral online photos after visiting Virginia Beach without mask
- Meet the 1-year-old Virginia chef with 1.4 million Instagram followers