ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The Mast General Store has announced plans to open its downtown Roanoke location this month.
On June 17, doors will open at 401 South Jefferson Street.
“This location was a downtown destination for decades, and we look forward to being a part of the continued re-emergence of the downtown area here in Roanoke.”Lisa Cooper, Mast General Store President
The newest “old” location has been home to some of Roanoke’s well-known entrepreneurs and visionaries.
It was originally built in 1915 as the home for Thurman & Boone Furniture Co.
The site was also the space for S. H. Heronimus Store until it moved to another location for a number of years, according to a news release, only to return in 1955.
The store will employ 23 people, nine of them full-time.
The store’s opening has been delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
It will be the 11th store, and the first in Virginia.
- Pulaski County Schools release potential plan for reopening
- Hanover Schools to rename Stonewall Jackson Middle, Lee-Davis High following 4-3 vote
- Lawsuit aims to restore Richmond’s Confederate statues ‘to their previous condition’
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Naya Rivera death ruled an accidental drowning, Ventura County officials say