LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Lynchburg Circuit Court was closed on Wednesday after an employee tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
The employee was tested on Monday, July 27, and received the results in less than 24 hours.
The court and the clerk’s office brought in a cleaning crew on Wednesday, July 29, to clean the building.
“We also have notified anyone who may have been in the building from last Thursday through Monday in an effort to let them know what happened so they can take appropriate measures,” said Todd Swisher, the Lynchburg Circuit Court Clerk.
He expects to reopen on Thursday, July 30.
He recommends consulting with your doctor if you’ve been in the Lynchburg Circuit Court or the clerk’s office any time since Thursday, July 23.
Any hearing or appointments scheduled for Wednesday will be rescheduled.
- Emergency SNAP benefits promised in Virginia for mid-August
- Live video: President Trump visits the Whirlpool plant in Clyde
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong to severe storms expected with gusty winds and heavy rain into the night
- Liberty keeps three ACC matchups in 2020 football schedule
- Young boy becomes state trooper for a day with help from Rocky Mount law enforcement, K9