UPDATE 5:30 p.m.: The Mount Rogers Health District has announced the first case of COVID-19 in Bland County.
Close contacts of this person have been informed and provided guidance by the Health District.
Also, the West Piedmont Health District has identified six new cases of coronavirus in their district.
In Patrick County, there are two newly-confirmed cases. Both are female with an age range between their 40s and 70s.
And in Henry County, four new cases have been confirmed. Two males and two females with an age range between their teens and their 60s.
RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia health officials reported 444 new COVID-19 cases and 13 new virus-related deaths as of Wednesday morning, bringing the Commonwealth’s total coronavirus count up to 55,775 confirmed and probable cases and 1,583 confirmed and probable deaths.
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) confirmed 53,318 cases and 1,478 deaths are related to the virus as of Wednesday, June 17. However, 2,457 cases and 105 deaths are still reported as “probable.”
According to VDH’s Wednesday update, more than 1,900 COVID-19 cases are from the following localities in southwest and central Virginia:
- Alleghany County: 30 cases, 5 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Amherst County: 28 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Appomattox County: 34 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Bedford County: 96 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Botetourt County: 51 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 4 deaths
- Buena Vista: 12 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Campbell County: 28 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Carroll County: 177 cases, 15 hospitalizations, and 5 deaths
- Charlotte County: 30 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Covington: 4 cases
- Craig County: 6 cases
- Danville: 66 cases, 17 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Floyd County: 10 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Franklin County: 46 cases, 5 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Galax: 208 cases, 28 hospitalizations, and 11 deaths
- Giles County: 6 cases
- Grayson County: 68 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Halifax County: 39 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Henry County: 212 cases, 18 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Highland County: 3 cases
- Lexington: 8 cases
- Lynchburg: 96 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Martinsville: 58 cases, 7 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Montgomery County: 97 cases, 10 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Nelson County: 18 cases
- Patrick County: 33 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Pittsylvania County: 73 cases, 15 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Pulaski County: 30 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Radford: 9 cases
- Roanoke City: 277 cases, 12 hospitalizations, and 10 deaths
- Roanoke County: 148 cases, 11 hospitalizations, and 5 deaths
- Rockbridge County: 18 cases
- Salem: 48 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Wythe County: 42 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 1 death
Health officials say they have received 5,692 records of confirmed and probable virus-related hospitalizations across Virginia as of Wednesday.
- UVA identifies additional coronavirus cases in dorms after positive wastewater and individual tests
- Kanawha, Fayette, and Putnam counties move out of COVID-19 red tier
- Wythe County Sheriff’s Office investigates fatal shooting
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny skies with a fall feel continues, watching Beta’s progression for late-week rain chances
- Henry Brabham memorialized at the Lancerlot Sports Complex