ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Transit Authority announced on Thursday a grant totaling $8.1 million awarded to the Greater Roanoke Transit Company (Valley Metro) as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Grant funds will be used by Valley Metro for operating, administrative and preventative maintenance expenses to support transit operations during the pandemic.
“This historic $25 billion in grant funding will ensure our nation’s public transportation systems can continue to provide services to the millions of Americans who continue to depend on them.”Elaine L. Chao, U.S. Transportation Secretary
View the apportionments and allocations of the Supplemental Public Transportation portion of the CARES Act by clicking here.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery