DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR)– Free drive-thru COVID-19 testing will be offered Friday, June 5 and Saturday, June 6.
Friday’s testing will be held at O. T. Bonner Middle School, 300 Apollo Avenue in Danville. Access to Apollo Avenue will be from Audubon Drive only, NOT from Piney Forest Road.
Saturday’s testing will be held at Chatham Middle School, 11650 U.S. Highway 29 in Chatham.
One thousand tests will be available at each site. Both sites will operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., or while supplies last.
Drive-thru testing will be available for persons age 10 and older. All persons must remain in their vehicle, with those seeking tests to be seated near a window. No walk-ups will be accepted.
Tests will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis. All are welcome, but those with symptoms of respiratory illness are specifically encouraged to attend.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or believe you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please tell the testing provider.
To ensure the safety of healthcare workers and patients, safety precautions including wearing a cloth face coverings or masks and maintaining at least six feet of distance between persons are asked to be adhered to.
This is a free service. No insurance or appointment is needed. For more information, call (434) 766-9828 or visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/pittsylvania-danville, www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus and www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
- Carilion creates “workout pods” for gym-goers at its wellness center
- Locals react to Redskins announcing name and logo change
- Roanoke’s West End Center for Youth announces temporary closure after partner agency staffer tests positive for COVID-19
- Danville Historical Society’s President resigns after ‘repugnant’ Facebook post
- Dollywood glassblowing shop employee injured; second incident at park in two days