ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — In honor of Memorial Day weekend, Virginia’s four Yogi Bear Jellystone Park locations will open under precautionary protocols due to the coronavirus.
The protocols include enhanced sanitation, new operating procedures, and activities designed for social distancing. Some amenities may not be available.
Guests can expect an increased usage of disinfectants and sanitation of rental equipment between usages.
Park officials encourage visitors to participate in activities such as hiking, biking, mini-golf, scavenger hunts, gem mining, laser tag, fishing, Yogi Bear character appearances, and arts and crafts sessions. Virtual activities and campsite activity kits may also be available.
“Families are definitely ready for a break from the stay-at-home orders, and reservations have been brisk,” says Trent Hershenson, vice president of marketing. “Camping is a great way to enjoy the outdoors while practicing social distancing.”
Here are the various Jellystone Park campgrounds located around Virginia:
- Harrisonburg area: 2250 US Route 211 East in Luray
- Norfolk area: 3149 Campground Road in Hayes
- Richmond area: 2940 Sussex Drive in Emporia
- Roanoke area: 16 Recreation Lane at Natural Bridge Station
To arrange a visit, contact Brad Ritter at (740) 815-1892.
- Virginia woman kept 14 cats, dog in hot U-Haul van in York County Walmart parking lot, deputies say
- Henry County School Board’s 2020-21 reopening plans announced after DEO issues support
- Senator: Brands, companies should take action against racial inequality
- Federal government to start surge testing program after 32 states show rise in COVID-19 cases
- Virginia’s gun sales shot to historic levels in June