BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The New River Valley Public Health Task Force will continue to offer appointment-based, drive-thru COVID-19 testing this week at Blacksburg High School.
Health officials say the testing will take place from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19 and Thursday, May 21. However, only those with a letter of authorization from the New River Health District and a previously-scheduled appointment will be admitted to the site at Blacksburg High School.
“We have administered more than 2,000 COVID-19 tests since beginning broad community testing a month and a half ago,” says Dr. Noelle Bissell, director of the New River Health District. “Testing continues to help us determine the prevalence of disease in our community, but remember that the best protection for each of us comes from personal precautions, including hygiene and social distancing. That’s how you protect yourself and those around you.”
Call the New River Health District’s COVID-19 public health call center at (540) 267-8240 if you have questions about COVID-19 or wish to request an appointment for testing. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, and noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday. After hours, leave a message.
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Protests erupt in Richmond following Breonna Taylor grand jury decision
- High-speed chase results in crash in Campbell County
- YOVASO promotes Drive For Change: Buckle Up and Slow Down sticker design contest
- Tazewell County uses CARES Act money to help pay for daycare