ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – All operations surrounding the construction project at Cave Spring High School have been abruptly suspended after as many as 25 COVID-19 cases are tied to the project.
Troy Smith, the head of Avis Construction presented his findings in front of the Roanoke County School Board on Tuesday night after a recommendation from the Virginia Department of Health.
Smith his hoping that work can resume as originally planned on May 11, but that work will only resume after Avis Construction receives that recommendation from the health department.
- How the Whole Health Program is serving the community
- Newfeed Now: Remembering RBG; Major flooding in Texas
- Virginia health officials report 580 new coronavirus cases, 29 new deaths as of Wednesday
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Botetourt County school officials decide to keep Wednesday classes virtual, allow remote learners to go hybrid