LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – The City of Lynchburg has announced the kickoff of the CARES Small Business Recovery Grant Program, a fund that provides financial assistance to businesses whose operations were adversely affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses that were either closed or restricted due to coronavirus can apply for grants that range from $1,000 to as much as $10,000 per business, depending on the number of full-time employees.
- 1-3 full-time equivalent employees: Up to $3,000
- 4-10 full-time equivalent employees: Up to $5,000
- 11-25 full-time equivalent employees: Up to $7,500
- 26-100 full-time equivalent employees: Up to $10,000
Lynchburg City Council has chosen to use part of its allocation of funds to directly support small businesses in the city.
Business owners may visit OpportunityLynchburg.com/cares for the application and a full description of the program. Applications can be filled out between Sept. 1 and Sept. 8, 2020.
Businesses must meet all eligibility requirements and submit their application by Sept. 8.
Applicants will be required to show and certify that they were operational as of March 1, 2020, and that they are suffering negative business impacts from COVID-19.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our community. City Council is pleased that we could make this funding available to assist them during this stressful financial time. We understand that we must work together to remain Lynchburg Strong!”Maryjane Dolan, Lynchburg Mayor
A webinar will be offered by the Office of Economic Development and Tourism to better explain the application and eligibility processes on Wednesday, Aug. 26 at 12 p.m. via the Opportunity Lynchburg website.
- Two full moons to shine in October
- Appomattox County authorities searching for missing 15-year-old girl
- New Freedom Farm in the running for $25,000 State Farm Neighborhood Assistance Grant
- WATCH LIVE @ noon: Roanoke city leaders to address recent rise in gun violence
- Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge events and fundraising the month of October