CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – The New River Valley Public Health Task Force will have another drive-thru COVID-19 testing event scheduled for this Friday, April 24 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Blacksburg High School.
The event is closed to the public as only those with a letter of authentication from the Virginia Department of Health’s New River Health District will be permitted to use the site, which will be done by appointment only.
For questions about coronavirus or testing, contact the New River Health District’s COVID-19 public health call center at (540) 267-8240 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; Saturday from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. If you call after hours, simply leave a message.
The Virginia Department of Health continues to encourage everyone to practice proper hygiene and adhere to proper protocol to limit the spread of respiratory infections.
- Stay home except for essential travel; if you must go out in public, wear a cloth face covering;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Avoid contact with sick people;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water or not available;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces;
- If you are experiencing symptoms, call your doctor;
- Practice social distancing. Maintain at least six feet of space between you and other individuals when out in public; and
- Avoid close contact with crowds of any size, and avoid any crowd of more than 10 people.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville