(WFXR) – With the special and general election coming up on Tuesday, polling places are a health concern as voters will be heading out to cast their vote.
According to Governor Northam, precautions are being taken for those heading out to vote on Tuesday.
Polling places will be staffed by volunteer medical workers and members of the National Guard who are younger and at less risk.
Poll workers will have PPE and social distancing measures will be in effect.
Voting machines will also be kept clean for voters to reduce the risk of contracting the virus.
- Hokies All-Access Minute (May 30, 2020)
- Virginia Tech students build golf course in home
- City Manager for Roanoke City releases update as protests continue
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard